WHO WE ARE, WHAT WE DO
Started in 2003 by Sonia Mackwani, Touching Lives is a non-profit organisation based in Mumbai, India. We work towards Learning and Healing of children and people of slum communities, supporting them to become independent learners.
Touching Lives is an organisation that is both organic and process oriented, it often conceives initiatives that are in sync with the "call" of the present world.
Learning Center & Community Centers: Activity-based supplementary education to children living slum communities
Healing Center: Workshops on alternative therapies, meditation and tools for Self-Work*
Media Center: Meaningful stories and Content for Digital, Print. Teaching film-making to children
SCHOOL OF SELF-WORK
We majorly focus on two BIG aspects of our lives - ‘LEARNING ’ and ‘HEALING.’ These two aspects are continuous life-long and life-changing processes. Each one’s journey with these processes are unique and different. When both are integrated, they help an individual to discover their gifts within, to recover from all the areas that limit them and to offer the best of them to this whole world. Touching Lives’ mission thus is to provide ‘that opportunity and that platform’ for each one to experience this infinite treasure of learning and to offer therapeutic tools to heal oneself and the world around them. In the process, the VISION is to make each one of us – an ‘independent learner and an independent healer.’ And thus, have more conscious decision makers in this world.
We work with lovely children, youth, young adults, parents, professionals and any individuals who are looking for tools to enrich their lives, who are on a journey of seeking self-realization and who want to contribute to this ever evolving world. We work with souls who are certainly born with their stories and now, are on their way to create their own. We thus provide a space which is safe, supportive and therapeutic for learning about oneself and this world.
Self-Work, Seva(Service) and Sadhana(Practice) is the way of one's journey at Touching Lives. Our formula is Energy to Evolution.
Learning Center Tour
Awards & Recognition
- Sonia Mackwani was selected as one of the winners in the #100 Women initiative by Ministry of Women and Child Development. She was felicitated at Rashtrapati Bhavan on 22nd January 2016 in the presence of Pranab Mukherjee, Hon. President of India.
- Awarded the World Women Leadership Award at the World Women Leadership Congress 2015
- Emerged among the TOP 5 Mercedes Benz A Class Achievers 2014
- Noble Laureate Award – Karmaveer Puraskaar by iCongo - CNBC Young Turk Transformer - Social Entrepreneur Category 2011
- Gaurav Puraskaar 2011
- Aga Khan Social Role Model Award 2009
- Aga Khan Youth Award for Excellence in Leadership 2007